Sunday, August 4, 2013

My first reenactment, was a little event with the boy scouts, standing in front of the a statue of Abraham Lincoln. It was early or mid February, and the sack coat and trousers they let me borrow kept me warm. The only part of me that was cold was my face and fingers. I held the flag, and it was rather difficult, with heavy winds, but I kept it from touching the ground (even if it was slapping the other men in the face), and I guess that is the important part. The people I met that day where very nice to me, and they turned out to be some of the friendliest people I know. besides me their must have been about seven other men, most in there forties I would guess. I believe I joined the right unit. It is a small unit of around 20 members, of which only a few are regulars. But they are nice people, and the men in the other units are very nice as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment